Veg Cutlet Recipe
Topic: Veg Cutlet Recipe
Veg Cutlet Recipe
A cutlet may be defined in numerous ways, but let’s stay with the Indian rendition of the cutlet. In Indian cuisine, there are both non-vegetarian and plant-based cutlets. Either manner, the cutlet will be dredged in flour and cooked until golden brown.
For vegetarians or vegans, my dish is a vegetable cutlet. Vegetable patty is the primary ingredient of a vegetarian cutlet. Carrots, potatoes, peas, cauliflower, broccoli, and maize are just a few of the many veggies that go into this dish.
These veg cutlet recipes are one of my favourites. Carrots, potatoes, peas, and french beans are often seen in my refrigerator. As a result, making these cutlets for an evening snack is a cinch for me.
Vegetables may be added to the burger dough at any time. Okra, zucchini, pumpkin, eggplant, and other watery or mushy vegetables should be avoided.
Vegetables such as carrots, potatoes, green peas, French beans, maize, and capsicum may be used in place of meat in your dish.
To make them crispy, veggie cutlets are breaded or coated with crumbs. All-purpose flour is used to coat a batter with crumbs (maida). Gramme flour (besan) or maize flour may be used in all-purpose flour for a more nutritious alternative (cornmeal or Makki ka atta). If you like, you may omit the breading from the veg cutlet.
These should be fried in a pan. The temperature of the oil must be just suitable for deep frying. Otherwise, the cutlets may absorb too much oil or disintegrate in the oil, which would be a problem.
It’s possible to bake them, but the texture will change. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius for 15 minutes before starting to bake them. Then, bake the cutlet at the same temperature until the top side is crisp and brown. Before baking, you may coat them with a bit of oil coating. A greased baking sheet is also an excellent location to put them.
Vegan cutlets may be cooked for an evening snack and served with tomato ketchup and green chutney, best served hot. In the rainy season, they make a great tea-time snack.
Veg Cutlet RecipePrint
Veg Cutlet Recipe
Crispy, delicious, and made from scratch are just adjectives that describe these Cutlets.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 25
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 1 plate
- Category: Side dish
- Cuisine: Indian
- Diet: Vegetarian
Vegetables needed in this recipe:
- beans in the pod
- Sweet, juicy, ripe corn.
- “Green peas”
- Fresh green chillies.
As a binding agent and a softening agent, paneer has been used with the vegetables in this dish. Tofu or soya granules may also be substituted for paneer in this recipe.
Spices will be needed to enhance the flavour of the vegetables and paneer:
- Chaat powder
- Powdered Garam Masala Spice
- Powdered black pepper.
- The best kind of cilantro is the fresh stuff (coriander).
- Leaves of the mint plant.
These basic vegetable cutlets are given a good kick of flavour and spice by adding these ingredients. Depending on your preference, you may vary the number of spices used.
All-Purpose Flour- To finish off the dish, they’re coated in a slurry of all-purpose flour mixed with salt, black pepper, and water.
Bread Crumbs-Breadcrumbs are used to coat the cutlets after being dipped in the slurry. The outer layer gets a beautiful crispy crust as a result. To make the cutlets more crispy, you may use crushed cornflakes for the breadcrumbs.
- In a small saucepan, warm one tablespoon of vegetable oil. 12 cup finely chopped onions and a tsp. Finely chopped ginger to heated oil and cook for 2-3 minutes over high heat.
- The pan was seasoned with onion and ginger.
- Sautee 12 cup grated carrot, 12 cup shredded cabbage, 14 cup finely chopped green beans and two teaspoons minced green chillies in the remaining oil for 2-3 minutes. Add 14 cups sweet corn and 14 cups green peas.
- Toss in the remaining ingredients to the skillet.
- Put two teaspoons chaat masala in with the salt and mix well. Add a teaspoon of garam masala and a half-salty dash of black pepper powder to the mix as well.
- The pan has been seasoned with the spices you’ve chosen.
- The mixture should cool down before being removed from the pan. You may add a half teaspoon of paneer, two tablespoons cilantro, one tablespoon mint, one tablespoon lime juice, and half a cup of bread crumbs to the cooked vegetables to make them more flavorful. Set aside the mixture.
- When it’s all cooled down, the ingredients are combined: paneer, mashed potato, cilantro, mint, lime juice, and bread crumbs.
- Combine 12 cups of all-purpose flour, 12 teaspoon salt, and 14 teaspoons black pepper powder in a small bowl. Make a thick slurry by adding 14 cups of water.
- Made a slurry of flour.
- Using the vegetable mixture, form tiny patties. They may be fashioned into a ball or a cylinder.
- Using a pan, make a few little patties.
- Keep 1 and 12 cups of bread crumbs and the flour slurry on the platform. Flour slurry: Dip the cutlets into it
- Slurry-dipped cutlets.
- Dress in breadcrumbs.
- Serve the veg cutlet on a platter with the rest of the ingredients.
- Ready-to-eat cutlets
- Prepare a pan with oil for frying. After a few minutes of cooking, lower the heat to medium-low. Stir-fry 8-10 pieces of chicken till golden brown in a skillet. Keep tossing the cutlet gently while frying to guarantee equal cooking on all the veggie sides. It will take between 10 and 12 minutes to complete this task.
- Fry a cutlet in the oil.
- On a tissue-covered platter, drain the browned and crispy pieces. Keep doing this for the rest of them. Serve immediately.
Please note that fresh sweet corn and green peas should be cooked before being added to the pan if they are fresh.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 150
- Sugar: 2g
- Sodium: 370mg
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 18g
- Protein: 5g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: veg cutlet recipe, veg cutlet recipe indian, veg cutlet recipe
People Also Ask:
What is veg cutlet made of?
Steamed vegetables such as carrots, potatoes, peas, cauliflower, broccoli and maize are all included in this dish. These veg cutlet recipes are one of my favourites. My fridge is always stocked with carrots, potatoes, peas, and French beans. As a result, I can whip up a batch of these cutlets for a late-night snack.
What can we use instead of breadcrumbs for cutlet?
- Rolled Oatmeal.
- Chips made from potatoes.
- Coconut granules.
What type of food is cutlet?
Cooked meat (mutton, chicken or fish) or vegetables mixed and fried in the batter are cutlets in Indian cuisine. Onions, cardamom (cinnamon), coriander (parsley), green chillies, lime and salts are added to the meat before cooking.
Why do my cutlets break?
Even though you carefully follow the directions, you may be stunned to find that your cutlets split apart or tumble apart when frying due to a lack of moisture in the meat and mashed potatoes.
How do you fix cutlets?
Before beginning, heat the oil over a medium temperature for around 6-8 minutes. These cutlets/croquettes should never be fried over high heat. Pour sufficient oil to submerge the cutlet or croquette in the skillet fully. Fry two at a time until they are golden brown on all sides, then remove from the pan and set aside.
How do you keep cutlets crispy for a long time?
Lay them on a cooling rack over a baking sheet. If you’re frying numerous batches, place the whole arrangement in a low oven to keep things warm as you continue to cook and add to the rack.
Can I use semolina instead of breadcrumbs?
Many other ingredients may be used in place of breadcrumbs or semolina coating in recipes that call for them, such as crushed almonds or potato chips or even semolina. People who have dietary limitations, such as gluten-free breadcrumbs, may find some of these suggestions helpful. No other food: semolina may be used in place of flour.
Can I use POHA instead of bread crumbs?
Before shallow frying the cutlets, we add bread crumbs to help absorb moisture from the final vegetable mash. Instead of using bread crumbs, use poha powder for the bread crumbs in this step.
Can potato cutlets be frozen?
Once they’ve been frozen, store them in an airtight container to prevent thawing. 5 to 6 months of storage in the freezer is possible. Always have cutlet ready and ready to eat. Frozen Aloo cutlet may be cooked and served with tomato sauce, green coriander chutney, or any other chutney of your preference.
Can I freeze breaded cutlets?
The panko should be thrown away. Breaded cutlets may be freezer for up to three months at this stage. In a resealable frozen bag or an airtight container with sheets of parchment between the cutlets, freeze chicken until it is solid, approximately an hour.
How do you thaw frozen cutlets?
Thawing frozen soups and cutlets in water is a softer, low-tech alternative to a microwave oven. Make sure the food is completely submerged in a big basin of cold water before sealing the bag. Every 30 minutes, the water should be replaced.
Are cutlets healthy?
Veg Cutlet Health Benefits: Unlike potato tikkis, Veg Cutlets are rich in vitamins, minerals, and nourishment. Soya granules have a high protein content and are a rich source of omega-3 fatty acids. Soya granules promote bone density and improve digestion.
Best Air Fryer For Veg Cutlet:
- INALSA Air Fryer Digital Nutri Fry-1400W 4L,Smart AirCrisp Technology| 8-Preset, Touch Control & Digital Display| Variable Temp& Timer Control,(Black)
- Havells Prolife Grande Air Fryer with Aero Crisp Technology 1700 Watts (Black), 5 Liters
- New House Kitchen Digital 3.6 Quart Air Fryer w/ Flat Basket, Touch Screen AirFryer, Non-Stick Dishwasher-Safe Basket, Use Less Oil For Fast Healthier Food, 60 Min Timer & Auto Shut Off, Black
- COSORI Smart WiFi Air Fryer(100 Recipes), 13 Cooking Functions, Keep Warm & Preheat & Shake Remind, Works with Alexa & Google Assistant, 5.8 QT, Black