How To Replace A Refrigerator Water Filter In A General Electric Refrigerator
Topic: How To Replace A Refrigerator Water Filter?
Many General Electric refrigerators have ice and water dispensers built into the door. All models equipped with dispensers are equipped with a filter that keeps the water clean. GE recommends replacing the filter every six months or when the flow of water to the dispenser or ice maker decreases. The procedure for replacing the water filter is the same or similar for most GE refrigerator models.
Open the refrigerator door.
Turn the existing filter counterclockwise until it disconnects. The filter is located in the back corner of the refrigerator.
Align the arrow on the cartridge with the arrow on the cartridge holder. Place the top of the cartridge in the holder.
Turn the filter clockwise until it stops. Don’t over-tighten it.
Press and hold the “Ice & Water” button on the control panel for three seconds to reset the filter.
How To Fix Dent In Refrigerator Door
How To Replace A Refrigerator Water Filter in a Kenmore refrigerator
The water filter for a Kenmore refrigerator is located on the ceiling inside the refrigerator cavity. The filter is designed to remove contaminants and dissolved solids in the water flowing from the water supply valve to the ice maker and water dispenser. The filter must be replaced all six months for optimal performance, and it is possible to use the ice maker and the water dispenser without a water filter installed, however, a replacement water filter cap must be installed in the place of the water filter.
Turn off the main water supply to your home. The main water supply is often on the side of the home and can be identified as a pipe with a valve protruding from the exterior wall of the home.
Remove the top shelf from the refrigerator. To remove, lift the front of the shelf and remove it from the refrigerator.
Turn the filter counterclockwise to loosen and remove it.
- Remove the red cap from the top of the filter by pulling it out.
- Align the tabs on the top of the filter with the two slots on the filter cartridge in the refrigerator.
- Turn the filter clockwise to tighten it.
- Replace the top shelf of the refrigerator. To install, insert the hooks on the back of the shelf into the back wall at a 45 degree angle, then lower the shelf into position.
- Reopen the main water line to the house.
Rinse approximately 2.5 gallons (9.5 liters) of water through the new filter. To rinse, place a cup under the water dispenser and dispense water for about 30 seconds. Wait 60 seconds and repeat until 9.5 liters (2.5 gallons) have passed through the filter. Use a measuring cup to measure the amount of water as it is dispensed.
Press and hold the filter reset button for approximately three seconds to reset the filter reminder light on the ice and water dispenser.
How To Fix A Noisy Refrigerator Fan
How To Replace A Refrigerator Water Filter On A Whirlpool refrigerator
If your Whirlpool refrigerator has a door ice and water dispenser, it probably has a water filter system as well. A water filter helps remove contaminants and other impurities from the water. Depending on the amount of ice and water you use, you may need to change the filter in your refrigerator several times a year. Make sure you buy the correct filter for your Whirlpool model. Consult your owner’s manual for details.
- Look for the indicator light located on the top of the Whirlpool refrigerator near the door. It tells you when to change the water filter. A green light indicates that the filter is OK and a red light indicates that it needs to be changed.
- Find the filter button. It is usually located at the base of the refrigerator on the motherboard or on the grill.
- Turn the knob a quarter turn counterclockwise to unlock the filter. Remove and remove the old filter.
- Install a new filter and push it in. Rotate the filter a quarter turn clockwise to secure it in place.
- Reset the filter light inside the refrigerator. Press and release the switch five times within 10 seconds. The filter indicator will turn green.
You don’t need to stop the flow of water while you are replacing the filter.
Pingback: How To Make Thai Ice Tea? » Al Azhar Foodie
Pingback: Veg Cutlet Recipe » Al Azhar Foodie