Topic: Schlotzsky’s Recipe
When I created a Shlotzky’s Original Sandwich recipe in my bread machine a long time ago, it was so delicious that you couldn’t tell it was cooked at home. Before I became a food blogger and had children, I was married. Schlotzky’s was one of our favourite restaurants, so I decided to recreate our favourite sandwiches at home.
Take a step back and look at where we are now. We no longer have a Schlotzky’s in our area, but my kids are still home, and my ex-husband is gone. However, they’ve long since closed their doors in the area. It’s a shame because their sandwiches are still on my mind. So, the only option left is for me to create it myself.
I’ll also be making these for our sandwich-making class tomorrow. Because there’s no way I could consume all that bread by myself, thank goodness for you. Rather than rely on coffee cans, I’ve switched to springform pans.
Using this, it’s a cinch to get the bread out of the pan. My memory isn’t totally clear on this bread’s origins. Compared to the last dough, this one was a little less watery but still sticky. It was still a decent loaf of bread, with large-ish holes in the crust and crunchy outside.
That’s why my sandwich had to be made with only half of my bread. Instead of producing a sourdough starter, I used Greek yoghurt to sour the bread. Adding yoghurt to bread makes it softer and lasts longer, which is why it’s a terrific addition.
I know it’s a little time-consuming, but it’s well worth it! Afterwards, you’ll be delighted.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 10
- Total Time: 20 minutes
To make the bread:
- 1 cup of water
3/4 gallon of milk
- 2 cups flour for bread
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour, white
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of yeast
- 2 Tablespoons plain Greek yoghurt (2% fat)
- A half teaspoon of salt
- A quarter teaspoon of baking soda
- Cornmeal is used as a dusting agent.
To make the garlic sauce, combine the following ingredients.
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yoghurt (2% fat)
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise (light)
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar, white
- 2–5 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/2 tbsp parsley, chopped
- A quarter teaspoon of salt
For the sandwich, combine the following ingredients:
- Mustard (yellow)
- Parmesan cheese, super sharp cheddar cheese, mozzarella cheese, freshly shredded
- Lean ham, thinly sliced
- Salami, thinly sliced (use both Cotto and genoa, if you can find it)
- Onion, thinly sliced
- Tomato, thinly sliced
- Romaine lettuce, chopped
- Olives, chopped
- Set the bread machine to the dough setting and add all the bread ingredients except the cornmeal. 3–5 tiny springform pans or coffee cans, sprayed with cooking spray and dusted with cornmeal
- Make the garlic sauce while the bread machine is running. Refrigerate in a tightly closed jar.
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees Fahrenheit when the dough is ready, then turn it off. When you take the dough out of the machine, it will be sticky and fall apart.
- Divide the dough between the prepared pans, cornmeal the tops, spray with cooking spray and place in the oven, covered with a clean kitchen towel.
- Allow for a 40-minute rising time, then remove the cloth, preheat the oven to 375°F, and bake the buns for 30–40 minutes, or until golden brown on top.
- Before making the sandwiches, let the bread rest for 30 minutes.
- To create the sandwiches, cut the bread in half horizontally, lightly toast it, and then put mustard inside the top half. The garlic dressing should be spread on both halves.
- Top the bottom half of the bread with cheddar and parmesan, while the top half is topped with mozzarella. Melt the cheese in the oven at 350 degrees. Sprinkle the bottom half with olives once the cheese has melted, then put on the meats, onion, lettuce, and tomato. Enjoy!
Keywords: schlotzsky s recipe, schlotzsky s recipe bread, schlotzsky s sauce recipe, schlotzskys recipe
People Also Ask:
What is Schlotzsky’s signature sauce made of?
The Original, the sandwich that started it all, and other classic sandwiches, Macs, pizzas, flatbreads, and more, have long been a favourite customer addition to Schlotzsky’s flavorful hot sauce, which is filled with spicy undertones of Louisiana cayenne peppers in a vinegar base.
What is in a Schlotzsky original?
Schlotzsky’s is a sandwich shop chain that started in Austin, Texas. The Original sandwich is made with deli meats, cheeses, and marinated black olives on a sourdough baguette.
What kind of meat is on a Schlotzsky’s sandwich?
Parmesan, extremely sharp cheddar, and mozzarella cheeses, freshly shredded. Lean ham, thinly sliced salami, thinly sliced (use both Cotto and genoa, if you can find it).
What is Schlotzsky’s known for?
Schlotzsky’s has been known for its bold, original, and tasty sandwiches since 1971. The Original sandwich is a perfect blend of 13 unique ingredients placed between our signature fresh-from-scratch sourdough bread, inspired by the Muffaletta.
Why did schlotzsky’s close?
After a disagreement over the franchise’s future, Schlotzsky’s Deli shutters. Scott learned in October that Schlotzsky’s was rebranding as Austin Eatery and would be serving alcohol. If she didn’t agree to the adjustments, the corporation threatened not to renew her contract.
How much does it cost to own a Schlotzsky’s?
The franchise fee for Schlotzsky’s is up to $30,000, with a total initial investment of $714,400 to $954,400.