Chocolate Chip Pound Cake Easy
Topic: Chocolate Chip Pound Cake Easy
Chocolate Chip Pound Cake is moist and easy to make with chocolate chips added to the classic pound cake by Zainab Rangoonwala. It is best to do it at home from scratch.
Smooth and filled with chunks of butter and a pop of chocolate in every bite, this pound-chipped chocolate cake is all you need for your next celebration.
It’s so juicy and chocolatey that a bite will haunt you after a stressful day at work or at home.
You don’t need any fancy ingredients for this cake and it is the softest, buttery cake. Chocolate chips, all-purpose flour and some more basic ingredients, and voila.
I’ve always been a big fan of the cake and even though it has mini chocolate chips, I like it even more!
You can also add nuts or almonds for an extra crunch.
Plus, this amazing cupcake has a drizzle of chocolate cane, making it even more delicious, and every bite will make you fall in love.
This cake is also a great choice for your favorite guests to make with their favorite cup of drinks or for your loved one’s birthday.
Serve a slice with a hot cup of Beaton coffee and this slice of chocolate heaven at night.
This is Chocolate Chip Pound Cake Easy:
- Full of chocolate chips
- A favorite among children and adults.
- Perfect for birthday’s
Ingredients for Chocolate Chip Pound Cake Easy
Chocolate Chips: Be sure to use good quality chocolate chips for the best cupcake.
All-purpose dough: The base is made with all-purpose flour. You can also use another flour for healthier options, but the taste and texture will be different.
Eggs and Yogurt: We generally use one of these in our cake, but here the two together make this cake softer on the inside.
Vanilla extract: This is a must on my cake! This gives the cake a nice touch of vanilla that also adds to its aroma.
Other Ingredients: In addition to the ingredients above, you will need baking soda, salt, unsalted butter, and granulated sugar.
Guided recipe step by step:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C). Grease a bread pan.
- In the bowl of your electric mixer, beat the butter and sugar until smooth and fluffy. (Estimate 5-6 minutes at medium-high speed).
- Add the eggs, one at a time, and mix well after each addition.
- Add vanilla extracts, yogurt and mix well.
- Now add maida, baking soda, and chocolate chips and mix.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake for 55-60 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove the cake from the pan and let it cool on a wire rack. Cut into slices and serve.
Storage tips for Chocolate Chip Pound Cake Easy:
- You can store this cake in an airtight container at room temperature for about 3 days.
- If you want to cut it into slices, wrap each slice in plastic wrap and store on the counter for 3-4 days.
- This Choco Chip Pound Cake also freezes wonderfully.
- Let the cake cool completely, and then wrap it tightly in plastic, then wrap it again in aluminum foil and put it in an airtight container or bag for about 2 months.
- You can freeze it without the chocolate ganache. Sprinkle with chocolate ganache when you want to serve it.
Frequently asked Question
How do you keep chocolate chips from sinking in a cake?
Simply bouncing the chocolate chips into a small flour or cake mix will help suspend them in the dough. The flour trick also helps prevent other garnishes from sinking. Try it with nuts, dried fruit, and fresh berries before folding it into your cake, cupcakes, or muffin batter.
How to make it Eggless?
In this cake, you can increase the amount of curd and skip adding eggs. You can also add buttermilk as an option.
You can also use flaxseed eggs if you don’t take into account their coarse texture.
How do you moisten a pound cake?
Seal the moisture by sprinkling freshly baked (but not frozen) cakes with sugary water syrup. If you’re not going to freeze the cake the same day, bake, let it cool to room temperature, wrap it completely in plastic, and store it in the freezer. It will stay that way for some time.
How to make it Vegan?
For the vegetarian version, use flaxseed eggs or apple sauce. If you use apples, adjust the amount of sugar.
Instead of butter, you can use vegetable oil.
Is pound cake supposed to be dry?
The pound cake is compatible to be slightly dense. But it won’t feel heavy or dry. If it is dry, the cake may be overcooked. The cake may also be dry if you add too much flour (or too little butter or sugar).
How to make it Gluten-Free?
If you’re on a gluten-free diet, choose a gluten-free flour instead of all-purpose flour to make this cake.
What happens when you put chocolate chips in cake batter?
Like many ingredients in cake bats and muffins, chocolate chips can sink to the bottom. This happens when the dough is delicate or not thick enough to withstand chocolate chips.
Can it be made into cupcakes?
Yes, this recipe can also be used to make cupcakes. No changes in dough or cooking temperature are required.
The difference it makes is just the moment you bake the cake.
Baking the cake takes about an hour, while the cake will take only 15-20 minutes.
Why is my pound cake heavy?
The sponge cake is compatible to be slightly dense. But it won’t feel heavy or dry. If it is dry, the cake may be overcooked. The cake may also be dry if you add too much flour (or too little butter or sugar).
Why does my pound cake fall in the middle?
Too much sugar or yeast causes the cake to collapse; The extra flour makes it dry. Also, use an oven thermometer to check your oven temperature for greater precision. Keep the material at room temperature. This results in a cake with a maximum volume.
Can you put a pound cake back in the oven?
Unfortunately, once a cake has cooled, it is not possible to bake it again. The cake must be reheated and the outside of the cake will also be dry. Also, if the cake has sunk in the middle because it hasn’t baked, it won’t rise again as the lifting agents in the recipe will end.
How long should pound cake cool before cutting?
After removing from the oven, place the cake in a pan on a rack, just above, and let cool for 10 minutes before preparing. This makes the cake firm enough to pull it out of the pan without breaking it. Chilling in the pan too long will cause the cake to moisten and stick to the pan.
What temperature should I bake a pound cake?
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Transfer the dough to the pan and place a toothpick in the center of the cake until it comes out with some moist pieces, 65 minutes.
- To store, wrap in plastic and keep at room temperature for 3 days, or wrap in plastic and freeze for 3 weeks.
Do you grease a pan for pound cake?
Grease the cake pans with a solid vegetable like Crisco to shorten and always dust the cake smeared with flour, a slippery surface prevents the dough from growing to full volume.
Place the cake pan in the center of the oven and keep the door closed until the minimum cooking time has elapsed.
Why does my pound cake crack on top?
Pound cakes often have cracked tops because the batter is so dense. The exterior of the cake cooks first, which can cause the batter to rise up and crack in the center. How to prevent a crack: If you really can’t stand cracks, bake the cake in a tube pan, rather than a loaf pan.
How many chocolate chips should I add to cake mix?
In a small bowl, mix 1/2 cup chocolate chips with 1 teaspoon dry cake mix. Using the leftover cake mix, water, oil, and egg white, make a cake mix directed to the box. Add 1/2 cup of coated chocolate chips. Reserve 1 cup of dough.
How do you tell if a pound cake is done?
As soon as the delicious aroma begins to come out of the kitchen, place the cake tester or toothpick on the thickest part. If it comes out clean, the cake is ready. Most cupcake recipes need to bake for over an hour, but feel free to try them as soon as they start to smell.
How do you fix a undercooked pound cake?
If you find that you have lowered your cake immediately after removing it from the oven and it is still hot, check it and bake for at least 10 to 15 more minutes. Remember to do the doneness test before removing it from the oven and cooling it.
Do you cool pound cake before removing from pan?
After removing from the oven, place the cake in a pan on a rack, just above, and let cool for 10 minutes before preparing. This makes the cake firm enough to pull it out of the pan without breaking it. Chilling in the pan too long will cause the cake to moisten and stick to the pan.Print
Chocolate Chip Pound Cake Easy
Chocolate Chip Pound Cake is moist and easy to make with chocolate chips added to the classic Poundcake by Zainab Rangoonwala.
It is best to do it at home from scratch.
- Prep Time: 45
- Cook Time: 60
- Total Time: 1 hour 45 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: Continental
1 cup unsalted butter (room temperature)
1 and 1/2 cup granulated sugar
3 eggs (room temperature)
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1/2 cup of yogurt
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon of baking powder
1/4 teaspoon of baking soda
1 cup of chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350 ° F (180 ° C).
- Grease and line a 9-inch loaf pan.
- Butter and sugar in a bowl until smooth and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time and mix well after each addition.
- Add the vanilla extract and yogurt and mix well.
- Now add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and chocolate chips and mix slowly.
- Transfer the dough to the prepared skillet.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes until teeth are cleaned.
- Cover the top of the cake with foil for about 30 minutes if it starts to brown on top.
- Remove the pan from the oven.
- Let the cake cool in the pan for 5 minutes.
- Remove the cake from the pan and cool on a wire rack.
- Sprinkle chocolate ganache on top if desired.
- Cut into slices and serve.
- Serving Size: 12
- Calories: 407kcal
Keywords: Chocolate Chip Pound Cake Easy
You might also like