How To Make Vanilla Extract in 2021
Learn “How To Make Vanilla Extract” at your home which is delicious and less expensive.
- 1-litre alcohol (vodka, bourbon, rum) 35% or higher
- 100–200 g vanilla beans I usually buy the “bean extract” type to save money.
- Open the vanilla beans lengthwise to remove the seeds and place them in a glass container of your choice. To be considered “pure extract” of vanilla, the alcohol used must be 35% alcohol or more and it is necessary to use a minimum of 100 g of vanilla beans per litre of alcohol. With 200 g of vanilla beans per litre, you will have a “double strength” vanilla extract.
- Add the alcohol to the bottle and shake it.
- Store protected from sunlight and shake contents from time to time. The vanilla extract will progressively darken and take on a strong vanilla flavour. It will be “ready” to give away in about a month.
When using the extract, you can “fill” it with a little more alcohol to keep the same amount. I usually add a pod or two from time to time, But even if you don’t … it will last you years.
- Calories: 673
- Sodium: 18mg
- Carbohydrates: 25.3g
Keywords: How To Make Vanilla Extract