German Chocolate Cake Recipe Bakers
Topic: German Chocolate Cake Recipe Bakers
From scratch, the best homemade German chocolate cake recipe is thin and sweet, with layers of chocolate cake enriched with coconut nut frosting. Mix in some chocolate buttercup frosting to complete this cake recipe by Zainab Rangoonwala!
About German Chocolate Cake Recipe Bakers
The cake recipe uses German Baker Chocolate, which was developed over 100 years ago! Contrary to the name, the chocolate bar was not developed in Germany, but was named after the person who made it! They thought that combining chocolate with sugar would save the baker one step in his process!
Then 100 years later (in the 1950s) a housewife made a recipe for this cake, and millions of people enjoy it every day. June 11 is German National Chocolate Cake Day in the United States!
Step by Step Guide on German Chocolate Cake Recipe Bakers
- Start by making two layers of wet chocolate cake.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease two 9-inch round pans with baking spray lined bottom and parchment paper circles.
- In a small bowl, mix 1 cup of boiling water with a 4-ounce package of German chocolate. Allow the chocolate to melt while adding sugar, flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a separate bowl.
- In a large bowl, combine the butter with the eggs and buttermilk. Add to the vanilla extracts.
- Add dry ingredients to the buttermilk mixture. Finally, combine the chocolate with the chocolate and the cake batter. Whisk until combined, scraping down sides of bowl as needed.
- Pour it into the prepared baking sheet and bake for 36–38 minutes, until a toothpick is added to the center.
- Remove from the oven and cool in 5 minutes. Invert the rack on parchment paper and cool completely.
Guide to Make Coconut Pecan Frosting
- What is a great German chocolate cake? We all agree that Raj is frozen!
- The basics of today’s frosting is to boil the mixture to make a cream of a similar consistency before adding it to the nuts and coconut.
- In a medium saucepan, combine butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, egg yolk at room temperature, salt, and evaporated milk. Over medium-low heat, bring the mixture to a boil.
- PRO TIP: Use a whiskey or rubber spatula to continually scrape the bottom of the saucepan so it doesn’t get irritated or build up!
- Cook until mixture thickens and has a custard-like texture. This can take 8 to 12 minutes, depending on many factors, including the type of saucepan you are using, the size of the pan, and the type of heat.
- Once your icing base is thick, add vanilla extract, chopped nuts, and chopped sweet coconut. Stir and set aside until cool.
- Pro tip: Helo the coconut fritters to speed up the cooldown time!
Step by Step Guide for Chocolate Buttercream Frosting
- You can choose your German chocolate cake with a layer of coconut walnut icing, top it with the remaining coconut walnut glaze, and leave the sides smooth.
- Or, take it to the next level by adding a little of this sweet chocolate buttercream frosting. I made tubes at the edges of each layer with chocolate icing so that the coconut was filled inside. Then spread the remaining frosting around the edges of the cake to give it a finished look!
- To make the frosting, in a mixing bowl, mix the butter with raw cocoa powder, powdered sugar, evaporated milk, and vanilla extract.
- Whisk for about 5 minutes, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
To assemble the German Chocolate Cake Recipe Bakers:
Step 1: Place the first layer of chocolate cake on a chocolate plate. Pipe the edges with chocolate frosting. Add 1/2 of coconut nut frosting to the center of the cake. Repeat with the second layer.
Step 2: Spread the chocolate buttercups around the cake.
Step 3: Using an open star tip, the pipe rotates over the cake to give it a finished look (optional).
Step 4: Cut and serve!
People also asked:
Does german chocolate cake need to be refrigerated?
No! For best results, place the cake in an airtight container or cake protector at room temperature for 5 days.
Although you can make this cake cold if you like to be frozen, it has fresh texture and flavor.
Can I Freeze German Chocolate Cake and Coconut Pecan Frosting?
Yes! You have several options.
1- Place and cool the cake. Wrap in parchment paper, then aluminum foil and freeze the cake layers.
2- Bake the cake and refrigerate. Frost according to instructions. Freeze the entire cake (in an airtight container).
3- (My favorite option) Bake cakes and relax. Enjoy for several days. Wrap the remaining residue in parchment paper, then slide it into a ziploc bag. Freeze for 3 months.
Similar Recipes You May Like :
Healthy Angel Food Cake Recipe
Chocolate Chip Pound Cake Easy
Chocolate Covered Strawberry Brownies Recipe