Texas Whiskey Glaze Recipe
Duck Roasted in Texas Whiskey Glaze
- Prep Time: 15mins
- Cook Time: 160mins
- Total Time: 2 hours 55 minutes
- Yield: 8 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Roast
- Cuisine: American
- 8-pound maple leaf Duckling cleaned inside and out, giblets and neck removed.
- The Real Company Himalayan Pink Salt Shaker, 2 Tbsp.
- 1 quartered medium yellow onion.
- 1 HEB Organics Poultry Blend, sage, rosemary, and thyme.
- 8 peeled garlic cloves are needed.
- 7 ounces of softened HEB Roasted Garlic and Herb Finishing Butter.
- Texas Whiskey Glaze, 12 ounces, Fischer & Wieser Four Star Provisions.
- Set the oven to 425 °F. Place a cookie sheet on the stove that can accommodate a cooling rack.
- Place the duck, breast-side up, on a cooling rack. Spread salt evenly over the bird’s exterior and season as needed.
- Put onion, poultry mixture, and garlic cloves within the duck’s cavity.
- Apply softened butter to the duck’s exterior and tuck any excess skin under the animal.
- Roast for an hour, then turn the duck over and roast it breast-side down for another 20 minutes.
- Roast the duck for 20 minutes after turning it breast-side up and glazing it with Texas whiskey. Before serving, remove the stuffing.
- Serving Size: 196g
- Calories: 440 kcal
- Sugar: 16g
- Sodium: 1770mg
- Fat: 29g
- Saturated Fat: 15g
- Trans Fat: 0.0g
- Carbohydrates: 21g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 27g
- Cholesterol: 140mg
Keywords: texas whiskey glaze recipe,what is whiskey glaze,easy whiskey glaze recipe,Texas Whiskey Glaze Recipe