- Makes about 2 cups of filling.
- Around 30 strawberries were utilised.
- The formula is simple to alter in any direction.
The handmade strawberry filling’s shelf life
- When cooled, store in a glass jar or an airtight container.
- Good for a week in the fridge.
- Any filling that is left over can be frozen for three months.
- Place items in freezer-safe zip-top bags.
- Do not refreeze after thawing.
Tips for creating a fantastic strawberry filling:
- For a speedier cooking method, slice or chop strawberries into halves.
- If the strawberries are sour, add 1/4 cup of sugar.
- Strawberries from frozen are excellent. Cooking might only take a few minutes longer.
- Cook strawberries as directed if you prefer it smooth like jam.
- If you’d like, you can add an extract of your choice to the filling.
- Strawberries can be replaced with any other berry or a combination of berries.