Rabbit Mold Cake Recipe
Topic: Rabbit Mold Cake Recipe
Rabbit Mold Cake Recipe topped with shredded coconut gives this homemade Easter bunny cake its fur, while tinted buttercream creates the insides of the ears and eyes. Serve as a spectacular addition to any family dessert table.
- Non-stick spray for cooking with flour
- 1 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour, plus more for mussels
- 1 1/2 cups cake flour (not self-rising)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 sticks (1 cup) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 3/4 cup sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons of pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- 2 basic vanilla buttercream recipes
- Pink gel paste food coloring
- 1/4 cup grated sweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened grated dry coconut
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray 8-cup rabbit-shaped baking dish with cooking spray; Leave besides. In a medium bowl, sift together the flours, baking powder and salt; Leave besides.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy, 3 to 4 minutes, scraping sides of bowl as needed. Stir in the eggs, one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. With the mixer on low speed, add the three-part flour mixture, alternating with the milk and starting and ending with the flour.
- Fill the prepared molds with the dough and smooth with an angled spatula. Bake, turning mussels in half, until cake is golden brown and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 30 to 35 minutes. Transfer the ramekins to a wire rack and cool for 20 minutes. Flip the cakes on a wire rack; let cool completely.
- With 1/4 to 1/2 cup buttercream, spread flat side of each rabbit cake; press the flat sides to adhere. Transfer 1 1/2 cups buttercream to a medium bowl and add enough pink gel food coloring to achieve desired pink shade. Place a star-shaped pastry bag, Apply pink buttercream to shape ears, eyes and nose.
- Transfer the remaining buttercream to a clean piping bag . Pour the buttercream over the rabbit cake to cover. Squeeze the shredded sweet coconut onto the tail to make it stick. Sprinkle the rabbit with finely grated coconut; assist.