DIY Matte Lipstick Recipe
To produce my DIY matte lipstick, I use the following instead of the hazardous compounds:
- Author: Mustafa Rangoonwala
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 15
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 3 lipsticks
- Golden or beige mica, about a quarter of a teaspoonful Lipsticks with matte finishes might benefit from the addition of non-sparkly mica.
- All you need is a quarter teaspoon of Zync oxide.
- Rice flour, equal to 0.5 tbsp for each person.
- Camelia seed extract, half a teaspoon
- The rice bran wax is 1 tbsp.
- A tiny amount of Carnauba palm oil-based wax.
- Candelilla wax, one teaspoon
- Shea butter refined to a creamy consistency, about five teaspoons worth.
- There is a tablespoon of oil such as olive, coconut, tea tree, or grapeseed oil.
- A single silicone mould for lipstick.
- A cleaned, dried, and sanitised old lipstick jar may be used if desired.
- Three drops of lavender or chamomile essential oil.
- You may use any essential oil of your choice to make this recipe.
- First, mix the mica, oil, zinc oxide, and colourant to get the required shade, gradually adding the zinc oxide and rice flour to achieve the desired shade.
- Assemble any lumps and thoroughly dissolve the powder in the oil.
- Melt the butter and waxes over low heat until completely melted in a double boiler.
- Combine the coloured oil mixture with the white mixture until thoroughly combined and melted.
- If desired, supplement with essential oil. Thoroughly combine.
- As shown in the instruction below, pour the empty lipstick tube in.
- Chill for 15 minutes in the freezer.
- Remove from the mould gradually, following the directions below. Allow one year for use.
Keywords: diy matte lipstick recipe, diy matte liquid lipstick recipe, diy matte lip gloss recipe