Winter Blend Vegetables
Stir-Fry Winter Vegetables with Crispy Tofu
Crispy pan-fried tofu is coated in a flavorful ginger-garlic-ginger sauce to create this delicious winter stir-fry of vegetables.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 25
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Category: Main Course
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegetarian
The sauce to use:
- 1/4 cup soy sauce or tamari
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons Maple Syrup
- 2 tablespoons of water
- 2 teaspoons Sriracha sauce, optional or as desired
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 cloves of garlic chopped
- One teaspoon of freshly grated ginger
- 1 14-ounce box of extra firm tofu, drain and press for at least 30 minutes.
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup of canola oil or any other high smoke point oil divided
- 8 ounces of white button mushroom cleaned and trimmed
- 2 scallions were chopped, and green and white parts separated
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 medium broccoli crown cut into florets
- Cooked rice
- Toasted sesame seeds
- Start in the process of making your sauce. A small dish mixed with the soy sauce or rice vinegar, tamari maple syrup, water, sriracha sauce, ginger, garlic, cornstarch, and. Set aside.
- Then, cook the stir-fry. Put the cornstarch in a bowl of medium size. Add the cubes of tofu and throw them around a few times to coat the tofu cubes in the cornstarch. Place the bowl aside and leave the tofu cubes inside the cornstarch.
- The bottom of the large skillet with 2 tablespoons canola oil and set it over medium-high temperature. Once the oil is hot, the mushrooms are added to one layer. Cook until they turn brown on the bottoms, approximately 5 minutes. Then flip and cook until they are browned on the opposite sides, approximately 5 minutes longer. Take the mushrooms out of the pan and place them on a plate.
- In the skillet, coat it with 2 tablespoons of oil. Then, increase temperatures to medium-high. Take the tofu cubes from the cornstarch mix and gently shake the excess cornstarch. Toss the tofu cubes into cook in an equal layer. Cook for 10 to 12 minutes before flipping it 2 or 3 times for an even browning on both sides. You may add extra oil into the pot if it becomes dry while the tofu is cooking. When the tofu is cooked, take it out of the skillet and place it on an unlined plate lined with paper towels.
- If the skillet is not dry at this stage, you can add a drop or two tablespoons of oil. Increase the heat to high, add the carrots and the white part of the scallions and cook for one minute. Add broccoli and stir-fry for another minute until the vegetables are tender and brighter the color, which takes about 3 minutes.
- Add the sauce to the skillet, and cook until it thickens, about 1 to 2 minutes. Add the green part of the scallions. Return the tofu and the mushrooms to the skillet. Repeat the flipping process a few times to coat everything with sauce.
- Divide the dish immediately onto dishes and then serve it with rice and dusting sesame seeds toasted.
- Calories: 330 kcal
- Sugar: 13g
- Sodium: 1003mg
- Fat: 17g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Trans Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 33g
- Fiber: 6g
- Protein: 15g
Keywords: winter vegetable stir fry,winter vegetables stew,Winter Vegetable StirFry