Bubble-Up Beef Stroganoff Casserole
The perfect meaty, cheesy comfort food is Beef Stroganoff Bubble-Up Casserole. Serve your dish with buttered crescent rolls instead of egg noodles or mashed potatoes for a truly indulgent treat!
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 30
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Cuisine: American
- 1 pound extra lean ground turkey or beef
- 7.5 ounces Pillsbury refrigerated biscuit dough, cut each biscuit into 6 pieces
- 8 oz mushrooms, chopped
- 1 big sliced onion
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- paprika, 1 tbsp
- kosher salt (about 3/4 teaspoon)
- 1 tsp pepper (ground)
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce (optional)
- 1 tablespoon of tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons beef bouillon (I used Better Than Bouillon)
- 1/2 gallon of water
- 1/3 cup plain greek yoghurt (nonfat)
- 4 oz. reduced-fat mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Brown and drain the meat in cooking spray in a large skillet over high heat. Grease a 9×13 pan with cooking spray while the meat is cooking. 1/2 of the cut biscuits should be evenly distributed in the bottom of the pan. Save all of the biscuits for the top instead (see recipe notes)
- Reduce the heat to medium-high and toss in the mushrooms, onions, and garlic. Cook for 5 minutes or until soft.
- Toss the meat and vegetables with paprika, salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce, and tomato paste. Cook for about a minute or until everything is well combined.
- Add the beef bouillon and water to the pot. Reduce the heat to low and continue to sauté for a few minutes. Remove from heat and set aside to cool for 5 minutes before adding the yoghurt (see recipe notes)
- Over the biscuits, pour the meat and vegetables into the 9×13 pan. Add the remaining half of the biscuits, or all biscuits, to the top (see recipe notes).
- Bake for 20 minutes, uncovered. Bake for another 10 minutes after adding the cheese.
- 7 WW Green SmartPoints for a sixth of a pan
- 7 WW Blue SmartPoints for a sixth of a pan
- 7 WW Purple SmartPoints for a sixth of a pan
- Calories: 260kcal
- Sugar: 1g
- Fat: 8g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Carbohydrates: 22g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 26g
Keywords: beef stroganoff bubble up casserole, Beef Stroganoff Bubble-Up Casserole