Best Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries
Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries are delicious and so easy to make.
You are going to want to start with a large sweet potato. Mine weighed sixteen ounces, weighed on a food scale. Food scales are very convenient!. They are affordable and worth it!. You can peel it if you want, and I do sometimes. But I haven’t peeled this one. I tend not to peel when my potatoes are organic.
Best Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries
How to cut sweet potato fries?
I cut my sweet potato with a good sharp knife into pieces. Then I sit down half of the flat side and start slicing. In this case, I made four slices. This can vary depending on the width of your potato.
How to season sweet potato fries?
I put my fry slices in a bowl and sprinkle them with salt, pepper and paprika. It is my pick for sweet potatoes. Simple, tasty and delicious!. Then I add oil on top. What Kind of Oil is Best for Deep Fryer Sweet Potato Fries?
I prefer avocado oil because it has a high smoke point and a mild flavour. You can use any oil here. Or you can even use cooking spray. If you are using a spray, I suggest spraying before spraying the seasonings.
Then just use a spoon, or even your hands, to mix everything together and evenly distribute the oil and spices. Some people even make fries without oil. Feel free to try it, but my family prefers a little oil. This is how we do it.
Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries
How to cook sweet potato fries during an air fryer?
My new fryer strongly recommends preheating first in the owner’s manual. So I did that! We preheat to 380 degrees. I mixed everything in the bowl as described above while the fryer was preheating. When it rang to indicate that the temperature had risen, I opened it and removed the basket. I set it on a heat resistant surface and carefully poured my seasoned fries into the basket. I shook it a bit to make sure the fries were spread out and put the basket back in the fryer. I shook the basket halfway, then again near the end.
Making Sweet Potato Fries In Air Fryer
It is absolutely necessary to be careful not to burn the fries. I love how easy it is to keep an eye on things with a deep fryer.
It’s also so easy to put the pan back and cook for a little longer. So use your common sense and good judgment and cook these fries the way you like.
Do not overload the fryer basket. This recipe makes 2 servings and should work for most fryers without a problem.
However, if you want to make more, you will need to cook them in batches. When everything is done, you can put everything back in the Sir Fryer basket for about a minute to reheat, just before serving.
Adopt your preferred fry size and cut very close to the same size. If you don’t follow this recipe, you may need to adjust the cooking time. For example, leaner fries require less cooking time, thicker fries require more time.
Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries Recipe
Scroll Down For More Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries:
Healthy Instant Pot Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries
Love sweet potato fries, but hate frying them? Here’s a delicious and healthy recipe for crispy sweet potato fries. These fries are extremely crunchy, delicious, and look and taste as they came out of a deep fryer! Except they only use a tablespoon of oil, and they are healthy!
The secret to making this healthy side dish is using an Instant Pot fryer lid! It really is the best way to make sweet potato fries! These Airfryer Sweet Potato Fries are so easy to make and so delicious!
If you are looking for kid-friendly side dishes – delicious side dishes that kids will love – you can’t go wrong with sweet potatoes! Who doesn’t love sweet potatoes? And when you make these delicious side dishes, they’ll be eating healthy fries in no time.
Don’t go out for the Sweet Potato Fries in Air Fryer!
Often times when people crave this delicious side dish, they go out looking for something to go at a restaurant. Don’t do this, as restaurants often fry sweet potatoes. They can also use other unhealthy ingredients in their dishes.
How to make Sweet Potato Fries in Air Fryer
These fries are so easy to make! That is how:
1. Wash and peel the sweet potatoes. Do you like unpeeled fries? So, don’t peel the potatoes.
2. Using a knife and cutting board, cut the sweet potatoes into French fries.
3. Pat the cut fries dry with paper towels. This is an important step, as you want the fries to be as dry as possible, before adding the oil and seasoning, so that the oil and seasoning will adhere.
4. In a bowl, add the oil, French fries, and rotisserie chicken. Mix everything together.
5. Spray the fryer basket with cooking spray and cook the fries. Flip the potatoes once halfway through cooking.
Sweet Potato Fries in Air Fryer Seasoning
- Wondering how to season sweet potato fries? There are so many ways to do this!
- You can season them with just salt and pepper, and they’ll be amazing!
- It comes together in a short time and contains garlic powder and onion powder, among other spices. This amazing seasoning mix takes this humble side to a whole new level!
- You can also use other seasonings in this recipe. Use the Best Cajun Seasoning to make Cajun Fries, or the Italian Seasoning to make Italian Fries, or the Best Homemade Taco Seasoning, for the most amazing Mexican Fries.
Crispy Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries
These Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries are quick and easy to make and will give you the crunchiest results possible. They are ready in about 20 minutes from start to finish!
How to Cut Sweet Potatoes for Fries?
One of the keys to getting crispy fries is to cut them as thinly as possible. With a knife and cutting board, you should be able to cut the sweet potato into deep-fried pieces that are about 1/4-inch thick.
Sweet Potato Chopping Tip: I think sweet potatoes are the easiest to cut when standing. Check out my Sweet Potato Toast video for an example of this.
How to Make Crispy Sweet Potato Fries?
It’s important to know that sweet potato fries will never be as crunchy as fries made with white potatoes. Optionally, you can top them with a batter, similar to an onion ring, to make them crisper, but if you want to keep the sweet potato fries relatively healthy (which is why I’m assuming you’re using a deep fryer), I think you should lower your expectations. Instead, expect robust sweet potato fries (not soggy!), With crisp edges.
Here’s what you can do to get the best sweet potato fries:
- Cut the french fries as thin as possible. We covered this above, but it bears repeating. If you cut the sweet potato fries into 1/2-inch shapes instead of 1/4-inch, thicker fries will be softer. (But still tasty!)
- Add a layer. You can also make your sweet potato fries crisper by coating them with a little starch first. This gives the fries a light coating that can crunch while preventing them from burning too quickly. I am using arrowroot starch in this recipe, but I would imagine cornstarch and tapioca starch would provide a similar effect.
- Do not use too high a temperature. I initially tried these fries at 400 ° F but found they burned too fast. Baking them at 360 ° F, with a layer of arrowroot starch, gives them a beautiful golden colour that is crisp, without burning the fries.
- Serve immediately. You should serve the fries as soon as they are done cooking as they will start to soften when you place them on the plate. In 5-10 minutes, it will be much smoother. (Note: I’ve noticed that the darker I cook my fries, the stronger they are, so get it wrong if you want them to stay crispier longer.)
Sweet potatoes, in general, are harder to crisp than white potatoes, so you will notice that the crunchiest sweet potatoes are the ones that brown a lot on the outside and almost burn. You’ll want to watch your fries closely near the end of the cook cycle to make sure they don’t cross into burnt territory!
The fryer you use makes a difference
I have two different air fryers and have tried these fries on both models because the difference is HUGE. Make sure you know the watts of your machine so that you can choose the proper cook time.
- 900 Watt Oven – Bake the fries for 18 to 20 minutes at 360 ° F, turning after 12 minutes.
- 1500 Watt Oven – Bake the fries for 10 to 12 minutes at 360 ° F, turning after 8 minutes.
- 1700 Watt Oven – Bake the fries for 10 minutes at 360 ° F, turning after 7 minutes.
Need to soak sweet potatoes for fries?
If you’ve tried my other Air Fryer French Fries before, you may have tried soaking the white potatoes to help remove some of their starch content before frying. It works well for white potatoes, but when I tried it for these sweet potato fries, the soaking didn’t seem to make a difference.
So I’m sharing this to let you know that I don’t think soaking potatoes is worth the extra time and effort.
Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries Frozen
Cooking frozen fries in the deep fryer results in perfectly cooked fries in half the time as in the oven. While it may seem a bit simplistic, we’ve included tons of great tips to help you make your fryer’s frozen sweet potato fries every time.
Air Fryer Frozen French Fries are the perfect crunchy side dish to add to your healthy lifestyle. Depending on the number of carbs you eat per day and the brand you buy, you can even include air-fried sweet potato fries on a low-carb diet.
Your deep fryer is a great way to cook all kinds of frozen treats using much less oil than traditional frying methods. Be sure to check out our deep fryer recipes for frozen fries, frozen chicken wings, and frozen pizza buns to create a host of frozen air-fried side dishes and sides.
Frozen sides aren’t the only things you can use your deep fryer for! Terra cotta fryer you’ve ever eaten. They even cook faster than cooking!
Be sure to read our article and download our Cheat Sheet on Deep Fryer Cook Times with the 50 Most Popular Foods for the Deep Fryer.
Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries Frozen
Why this Air Fryer Frozen Sweet Potato Fries works?
- Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries are the perfect side to burgers, hot dogs, and ribs!
- Make a batch of air-fried sweet potato fries for the kids to enjoy a healthy snack.
- Create an amazing appetizer with deep fryer sweet potatoes, mozzarella sticks, pizza bags, and chicken wings for a no-fuss variety everyone will love.
- Serve as is or opt for your favourite condiments like ketchup, mustard, barbecue sauce, or vinegar.
How to Make Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries
Frozen sweet potato fries temperature
- Preheat to 400F, if your fryer doesn’t do this automatically for you, simply turn your model on manually for 3-5 minutes before cooking.
- 400F is our universal time to cook most frozen foods and snacks in the air fryer. You can turn the heat down and cook your food a little longer, but we’ve found that 400 ° F is the best temperature to get that deep-fried flavour and texture.
- You can add oil or cooking spray if you have an aluminium fryer basket, but if it is nonstick, DO NOT use cooking spray. Cooking sprays will ruin the finish and will cause food in the STICK nonstick basket.
- Arrange the frozen sweet potato fries in a single layer, leaving space around the fries for best results. While some people may stack their fries and shake the basket frequently, they honestly don’t turn out as great as laying them in a single layer.
Frozen Sweet Potato Fries Cooking Recipe:
The deep fryer frozen sweet potato fries are already pre-seasoned, so this is a single ingredient recipe! You can optionally apply a little oil to the fries if you wish, but many brands of frozen fries already come with added oil.
Set the fryer for a cook time of 12 to 15 minutes.
Return frozen sweet potato fries to the fryer after 8 minutes if you have a basket-style fryer. Ours took a complete of 12 minutes to cook, that is, 8 minutes on one side and 4 minutes on the opposite.
Air fryer models may differ in terms of cook time, so yours can take up to 15 minutes to cook. A longer cook time may also be required if you are cooking a lot of French fries at the same time.
If you have a basket fryer, we recommend that you shake the frozen sweet potato fries every 5 minutes.
- Keep your sweet potato fries frozen and do not thaw them before cooking.
- For crispier fries, be sure to leave some space around the fries for air to circulate.
- Shake or stir the fries at least once during cooking.
- Remember: do not use cooking spray in a nonstick basket, as this will damage the nonstick finish.
- Serve your fries as a side or as an appetizer spread.
Recipes You May Like
How To Make Black Bean Corn Salad